Content or Developmental Editing for your Manuscript
1 Email me your manuscript in a word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your email the types of services you are interested in. A little information about yourself and your journey with your manuscript will help me to get to know you a little better too! Keep it simple and informal – just a hello and what you need.
2 I’ll send you an email letting you know I received your inquiry. The email will include:
- the total payment amount for completing the project
- the estimated date of delivery (a full length manuscript usually takes less than a month!)
- the services I will be including
- any other pertinent questions about your project
3 If you like what you see and agree with the fee, services, and my delivery date, I’ll send you a contract to review and sign and I will invoice you for the first half of the project fee. This payment can be made via credit or debit card, bank wire, money order or personal check; be advised that the check must clear before I commence work.
4 I will edit your manuscript in addition to any other agreed upon services. If I find that your manuscript in fact does not need my services, I will refund 90% of my total editorial fee and return your manuscript. Reasons may include, but are not limited to:
- your manuscript is in great shape and ready to go to a proofreader
- I feel there are too many structural problems that need to be addressed before the manuscript is ready for editing
5 I will invoice you for the second half of the editorial fee and send you any global notes I have compiled.
6 When payment clears via credit or debit card, bank wire, money order or personal check, I will send you an electronic copy of your manuscript.
7 After you review your manuscript you can email me to set up a time to do a follow up assessment. This can be done via skype or email. (up to 1 hour)